I close my eyes wide shut and slowly drift into a dream
I dream of the one day I am to fly away
Away from the childlike nourishment of a mother's comfort and love
To fly away from the anxious look of a father...whose stares ignite a burning question in his eyes:
When will my son leap from the boundaries of boyhood to the freedom of manhood?
To fly away from the tears of distress, agony and defeat
So earnest is my desire to fly away toward a land where dreams are fulfilled
To fly towards an unquenchable passion, an insatiable calling, an enveloping concentration,
To be an inspiration, legacy, example, mold
To fly away from the thoughts that devour my dignity
That feast on the very essence of who I am
To fly to the heightening heights of creativity
Oh, how I long to fly away
To spread my wings in the midst of the wind and soar
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment